1. Definitions. Capitalized terms used in this section will have the meaning set forth below.
2. “Data Breach” means any security breach, or any similar or equivalent comprise which leads to the unintended, accidental, unauthorized or unlawful loss, disclosure of, or access to, EU Personal Data by any Processor.
3. “Data Controller” has the meaning given to it under the GDPR.
4. “Data Processor” has the meaning given to it under the GDPR.
5. “Data Protection Laws” means any data protection, privacy or similar laws or regulations anywhere in the world relating to the processing or other use of personal data, including the GDPR, that apply in relation to any Personal Data processed in connection with this Agreement.
6. “EU Data Subject” will have the meaning given to “Data Subject” under the GDPR.
7. “EU Personal Data” will have the meaning given to “Personal Data” under the GDPR.
8. “GDPR” means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and to the extent the GDPR is no longer applicable in the United Kingdom, any implementing legislation or legislation having equivalent effect in the United Kingdom.
9. “Licensee Personal Data” means EU Personal Data that is processed by Event Temple or any Event Temple employees, agents or personnel in performing its obligations under this Agreement or which is otherwise made available directly or indirectly to Event Temple or its employees, agents or personnel by Licensee.
10. “Processing” will have the meaning given to it under the GDPR.
11. “Processor Security Obligations” will mean Article 32 of the GDPR.
12. “Supervisory Authority” has the meaning given to it under the GDPR.
13. Compliance. Event Temple will comply with its obligations under applicable Data Protection Laws. Event Temple will ensure that all Event Temple employees, subcontractors and other personnel will comply with obligations that are equivalent to the obligations imposed on Event Temple under this section to the extent that such Event Temple employees, subcontractors and personnel carry out any processing of Licensee Personal Data under or in connection with this Agreement. Event Temple will not intentionally perform any act that puts Licensee in breach of its obligations under applicable Data Protection Laws, and Event Temple will notify Licensee if in Event Temple’s opinion performance of a Licensee instruction would result in breach of applicable Data Protection Laws. Nothing in this Agreement will be deemed to prevent either party from taking the steps it reasonably deems necessary to comply with applicable Data Protection Laws.
14. General. The Parties acknowledge that: (i) Licensee alone will determine the purposes for which and the manner in which Licensee Personal Data are, or are to be, processed in the performance of this Agreement; (ii) Licensee will be the Data Controller in respect of all Licensee Personal Data; (iii) Event Temple will be the Data Processor in respect of Licensee Personal Data; and (iv) Event Temple will only process Licensee Personal Data for the limited purpose of performing its obligations under, and during the term of, this Agreement.
15. Requests. In a manner that conforms to any timescales set out in applicable Data Protection Laws, (and, in any event, as soon as reasonably practicable, if sooner, or as specified below in this section), Event Temple will comply with any written request by Licensee to: (i) correct or delete inaccurate Licensee Personal Data; (ii) provide a copy of Licensee Personal Data relating to an EU Data Subject in the possession or control of Event Temple; (iii) provide information about the Processing of Licensee Personal Data including information (or a report in sufficient detail if requested by Licensee, within thirty (30) days of such request) about the technical and organizational security measures that it uses to comply with the Processor Security Obligations or information about how its processing of Licensee Personal Data complies with applicable Data Protection Laws; (iv) within ten (10) days of such request or notice (as applicable) from Licensee, assist and provide the required information in respect of any request or notice, or any anticipated request or notice, by or on behalf of any EU Data Subject or by a Supervisory Authority in respect of Licensee Personal Data; and (v) otherwise provide reasonable assistance to Licensee as necessary to allow Licensee to comply with applicable Data Protection Laws.
16. Use. Event Temple will not, without Licensee’s prior written consent: (i) use Licensee Personal Data for Event Temple’s own purposes; (ii) transfer any Licensee Personal Data to, or allow access to any Licensee Personal Data by, third parties (whether a subcontractor or otherwise); or (iiii) carry out the processing by automatic means of any Licensee Personal Data for the purpose of evaluating matters about an EU Data Subject that constitutes the sole basis for any decision that significantly affects such Data Subject.
17. Transfer. Event Temple may disclose Licensee Personal Data throughout the world to fulfill the purposes described above. This may include transferring Licensee Personal Data to other countries (including countries located outside the European Economic Area) that have different data protection regimes and which are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for EU Personal Information. To the extent that Event Temple processes any personal data protected by EU Data Protection Law under the Agreement and/or that originates from the EU and Switzerland, Event Temple agrees to protect such personal data. Event Temple shall inform you if it is no longer able to comply with this requirement.
18. Complaints. Event Temple will promptly notify Licensee if any complaints are received by Event Temple from third parties about the processing of Licensee Personal Data, and Event Temple will not make any admissions, settle or take any action which may be prejudicial to the defense or settlement of any such complaint and will provide to Licensee such reasonable assistance, at Licensee’s cost, as it may require in connection with such complaint. If Event Temple acquires, on behalf of and independently from Licensee, any EU Personal Data from EU Data Subjects as part of the Services, Event Temple will give such individuals a data protection notice describing the intended use of such EU Personal Data, in a form provided or approved by Licensee. Without prejudice to its other obligations under this Agreement, if Event Temple becomes aware of any unauthorized, unlawful or dishonest conduct or activities or any breach of this section (including the occurrence of any Data Breach), Event Temple will promptly notify Licensee and provide all relevant information reasonably required by Licensee about such conduct, activities and/or breaches.
19. Event Temple Security Obligations. Event Temple acknowledges that it is obliged to comply with the Processor Security Obligations (including management of on-going compliance and effective security management) in respect of Licensee Personal Data and, in particular, that it will comply with the following obligations: (i) take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard against any unauthorized and unlawful processing of Licensee Personal Data and against any accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, EU Personal Data; (ii) only process Licensee Personal Data in accordance with written instructions given by Licensee; and (iii) take reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of those Event Temple employees, agents or other personnel that have access to Licensee Personal Data.
20. Audit. If a relevant data protection Supervisory Authority is required by law or regulation to audit the data processing facilities from which Event Temple processes Personal Data in order to ascertain and/or monitor compliance with Data Protection Requirements, then Event Temple will cooperate with the audit at Licensee’s expense.